Woke Fuckboys should really have a whole blog dedicated to them. In a way Woke Fuckboys are worse than the usual Fuckboys because they lull you into a false sense of security. After all he is so aware of the patriarchy and gender issues and he is oh so intelligent. He couldn’t possibly be a Fuckboy.
A Woke Fuckboy is a Fuckboy that is well versed in the suckiness of patriarchy, male privilege, familiar with all the social justice lingo, probably goes to all types of protests against injustice and STILL engages in Fuckboy behaviour.
If ever there was any doubt that knowledge does not necessarily impact behaviour then the Woke Fuckboy would be the proof required.
The Woke Fuckboy is why I warn women not to buy into this idea that the reason why their (grown ass) partner treats them badly is because he doesn’t “know any better”. There are plenty that know, they just don’t care. A bitter pill to swallow. There are Woke Fuckboys with degrees in Gender Studies. If you sit with them to discuss feminism and gender issues for just 10 minutes you would think “Wow! They really get it.” Talk to their girlfriends however and you will find that with all of their awareness, they’re still abusers.
Sad ting innit?
So how do you know when you’re dealing with a Woke Fuckboy? Here are a few signs:
- He believes men and women should share household chores as we are equals. Yet when you live with him you still find that you are doing more than him. He does the bare minimum, if he does anything at all that is. When you point this out to him he may deny it, gaslight you or tell you that you should do it all because after all he’s been conditioned to not do much because of the patriarchy.
- He leaves a trail of damaged or abused women in his wake. Any woman that has dated him long term doesn’t seem to have anything nice to say about him. In fact, you’ll find that they have experienced the same type of fuckery one would experience from the regular Fuckboy. I’ve noticed Woke Fuckboys tend to be emotional abusers rather than physical abusers. They have convinced themselves that because they don’t hit women they are not abusers.
- They learn psychological terms and use it to abuse you. Lundy Bancroft talks about this in his book “Why does he do that?” It’s one reason he warns women not to go to counselling with their partner if they suspect he’s abusive. Before you know it he’ll soon be telling you all about how you’re “gaslighting” him or being abusive to him when you call him out on his BS. What a mindfuck.
- He’ll cheat on you repeatedly and if you catch him he’ll tell you monogamy is a sham and one of society’s many shackles. “Monogamy is unnatural” he will say. His views on monogamy will be news to you. He won’t actually tell you upfront he doesn’t believe in monogamy.
- He cloaks his sexism as concern for women when like most sexist men he just wants to tell women what to do and control their actions. He will say things like “Queens shouldn’t sleep around, protect your dignity!” but funnily enough he won’t offer the same advice to his fellow men. Like most Fuckboys, double standards are his best friends.
What is the lesson here ladies? Pay zero attention to what men say they’re about or what they say they believe in. Anyone can say all the right things. It doesn’t mean they will do them. Do not put men that are well versed in social issues on a pedestal. It will make it much worse if and when they disappoint you.
Deal with Woke Fuckboys the way you would any other man – with caution and discernment. Watch what they do, not only what they say.
Have you been the victim of a Woke Fuckboy? Tell me all about it in the comments or submit a story!